Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane!


Larry and I are leaving this morning for Orange County, California. Friday we have the privilege of attending our son's graduation from Law School.

It took me about a week to coordinate our respective wardrobes. We don't live close to any significant shopping other than a small outlet mall and a few other stores which are about 15 miles from our house. It took me a couple of trips but I think I'm ready. My suitcases are packed and in overflow mode. I had to get up early so that I could sit on them to get them zipped before Larry awoke. You can imagine how much this bothers him considering that he is a retired airline pilot!

Wardrobe is crucial to a good time, right? How can I know in advance exactly what I'll be doing? My motto? Too much is just right.

This morning the sun is shining brightly and this bodes well for our journey. We have had a such a protracted period of gloomy, wet and cold weather. This has been the most disappointing spring I have experienced up here. But the week promises to be gorgeous. This always seems to happen when we plan a trip. Well my gardens should kick into overdrive while I'm away. I'm just hoping that the copious amounts of Sluggo I scattered yesterday will keep the snails at bay.

I don't know if I will have the opportunity to post in the coming few days. We are only taking one laptop and that presents a problem--Larry isn't very good at sharing his computer. But that's about the only thing he isn't good at. I'm lucky to have him at my side.

I think this will be the last time we watch our son receive a diploma. At least I hope it is. The real world is knocking at his door.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment