Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Post Script Regarding Beige

It's the end of a lovely weekend for us. The weather has been spectacularly gorgeous; lots and lots of sun, clear skies and shimmering blue water. Yesterday afternoon we attended the wedding of a young couple from our church. The bride was radiant and love was in the air. We were in the company of our closest friends and we shared lots of laughter and great food.

I just had to share this photo with you because I think it's amazing. This was taken in our sun room last weekend by our friend Eric and he emailed it to me this afternoon. I feel as if the photo belongs on a page in Veranda magazine! He did such a great job of capturing the beauty of the shells and sugar stars that I've mounded in a bowl atop our dining table. The stars are truly pristine and remind me of bridal white.

Eric entitled this photo, Beautifully Beige. He has an artful eye for detail and his mind captures great photos even before he lifts his camera. I am honored that Eric spent some time with his wife Dorothy and son Patrick, wandering our property with his camera in hand. I will look forward to sharing more of his work in future posts.

I hope you appreciate as much as I do the subtle elegance and sophistication of neutrals such as we see in the shells. Nature inspires great interiors. Upon close inspection you could find a half a dozen paint shades on a single shell, in absolute harmony; like a perfect paint chip from a decorating store.

To see more of Eric's work I encourage you to visit his photo stream. Here's the link to his site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildmans/

Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by!

One last comment~ I think maybe I will approach Eric with the idea of a collaborative book effort. We will entitle it, "Beautifully Beige".


No comments:

Post a Comment